Support for SpotOn! Flexo
SpotOn! Flexo is available for download on the Download page.
Support for SpotOn! Flexo
Getting Started Guide
Download the Getting Started Guide here. (Acrobat PDF 2 Mb)
A series of tutorial videos are available to you via a link in the e-mail that is sent to you when you download the SpotOn! Flexo software.
• Konica-Minolta FD-7 (Windows Only)
Can I install the SpotOnServer.exe and the SpotOn!.exe on the same PC?
- Yes. SpotOnServer is the server application for SpotOn! Flexo. This is where the common database for all of the reference colors and measurements are stored. SpotOn!.exe is the client application that talks to the SpotOnServer. SpotOn!.exe can be run on the same PC where the SpotOnServer is installed but it does count as one of the two users seats (clients) that ships with SpotOn! Flexo. Additional User seats can be purchased and added at any time.
Does SpotOn! Flexo calibrate my spectrophotometer or is this done separately?
- SpotOn! Flexo supports many popular spectrophotometers. Most of the supported spectrophotometers are calibrated through SpotOn! Flexo. Once you have chosen your spectrophotometer from the pull down list on the Instrument settings, SpotOn! Flexo will alert you if the instrument is connected and if it needs calibration. Simply click on the Calibration button and follow the on screen instructions.
I have my spectrophotometer hooked up to the computer but it is not showing up in SpotOn! Flexo?
- Depending on the type/model of spectrophotometer the drivers may have not been installed or SpotOn! Flexo did not detect the drivers. Try the following steps:
1.) Make sure the spectrophotometer is connected to the computer per the manufactures instructions.
2.) Select None from the SpotOn! Flexo pull down list on the Instrument tab and close the Settings window. Open the Settings window and choose your model from the Instrument pull down.
3.) If the instrument is still not connected try clicking the Calibration button, on certain models this forces the drivers for the instrument to connect to SpotOn! Flexo.
4.) If none of the above work, close the application, double check the instrument connection with the PC and reboot the PC.
SpotOn! Flexo cannot connect to the SpotOnServer?
- Make sure the SpotOn! Flexo application is licensed.
- Make sure the Username and Password have been created in the SpotOn! Admin application.
- Make sure the Server address is the IP address of the PC where the SpotOn! Server is installed and the address is followed by :13707 (i.e. 192.168.1.215:13707)
When logged into the Server most of the SpotOn! Flexo Settings are grayed out?
- If you are logged into the SpotOn! Server as an Operator the only setting available is Instrument.
- All settings are available only when you are logged in as an Administrator.
When a measurement is saved the Predicted Density and ΔE are blank?
- This occurs when there is no Substrate measurement taken. SpotOn! Flexo's predictive analysis equation requires a white point or substrate reading along with the color reading. You can simply click on Measure Edit, click on Substrate and re-measure the Substrate and save.
When a measurement is saved there is an X in the Meas column and no graph data?
- This occurs when there is no color measurement taken. SpotOn! Flexo's predictive analysis equation requires a white point or substrate reading along with the color reading. You can simply click on Measure Edit, click on the Color and re-measure the Color and save.